Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPKS koi, goldfish, and silent auction

2 posters

Go down

MPKS koi, goldfish, and silent auction Empty MPKS koi, goldfish, and silent auction

Post  jikin junkie Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Brad, Matt, and myself went up to Aurora for the koi and goldfish auction. It was interesting. I've never seen such large fish bagged up before. If you need giant koi for a pond, this was the place to get them! Each fish was bagged so that it had just enough room to sit there, no turning around or ramming into things. There was just enough water to cover them, with most having their backs sticking out. Shocked Then they loaded them up on wagons and carted them up to the auction table where two people would try their best to hold up a bag. The bids started out at a dollar! With a 2footer going for a whopping five dollars, at that price I almost brought it home to live in the bathtub! Razz We capped off our day with a trip to the Petland in Bollingbrook since it's on the way home. They have an amazing selection of aquatic plants and fish. I'm not saying their prices are cheap but if you are looking for something, they have it. Makes Sailfin look like a bait shop Laughing While there I brought home a pair of wakin goldfish and a trio of nice young ryukin. Since I don't have a pond (yet) the koi stayed there. Next year maybe cheers
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

MPKS koi, goldfish, and silent auction Empty Re: MPKS koi, goldfish, and silent auction

Post  RainingReason112358 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Sounds like a great time!!!! I'm sad I didn't get to go but the wedding stuff take all of my time now!!!!! Are they r/w Wakin? I bought some last year and can't believe how big they are!!!! Let me know if you need a m/f in the spring and I will hook you up!!!!
RainingReason112358
RainingReason112358

Back to top Go down