Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gel Food Review

3 posters

Go down

Gel Food Review Empty Gel Food Review

Post  DavidZ Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

I finally got a chance to try the Repashy Gel Food we got last week and thought I'd post my initial thoughts.

First of all, believe everything you've read about how bad this stuff smells when you make it. I was hoping my fish would like it half as much as it stunk but sadly they do not.

I formed mine on a plastic needle point mesh and hung them with suction cups on the side of the tank and they went all but ignored for the most part. The parts that fell off even the corrys didnt seem to have much interest in.

Hoping the next attempt will get a little more interest from the fish.

Pops, Mark & Gina - Your thoughts?
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gel Food Review Empty Re: Gel Food Review

Post  twocat Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 am

I am waiting for the wife to leave for a day. I am still hearing the stories about the March 17th cooked cabbage meal from 10 years ago.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Gel Food Review Empty Cooked Repashy

Post  jikin junkie Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 am

I cooked some up tonight, at first the aroma was like Japanese sushi with nori (kelp), and then more like if you took flake food and boiled it, and finally it smelled disgusting. It did stink up the house a little. I didn't do anything special afterwards except let it cool in the same bowl it cooked in. After solidifying into a gelatinous blob of green/brown...I took it to the fish room for the trials. I used a spoon and scooped it out in bits and blobs.
Tank #1: goldfish
They rushed in, spit it out and then stared at it for a bit. Maybe if I served it with a bottle of Chianti... but they were like, "Meh." Suspect
Tank #2: Mixed community of tetras, cichlids, plecos. Ate it with no problems, especially the bottom feeders. Smile
Tank #3: Rainbow fish, pleco, oddballs. Ignored it completely. No
Tank #4: African cichlids. Devoured it and asked for seconds! Shocked
I'll keep at it till I use it all up. Fish can be picky switching to a new food so I can't say with certainty that it will or won't work for me.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Gel Food Review Empty Re: Gel Food Review

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down