Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FS: Great deal

3 posters

Go down

FS: Great deal Empty FS: Great deal

Post  jmclark Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 pm

I have a shipment of fish coming next week and need to move some fish. I have a proven pair of dwarf sumbu comps and a breeder group of telmatochromis brichardi (5). All these fish are nice and healthy and have been very well taken care of. I'd like them to go together I'll take $30 for all.
My loss is your gain. Located in Morton,IL

jmclark

Back to top Go down

FS: Great deal Empty Re: FS: Great deal

Post  jmclark Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 pm

text or call 309-738-6272 thanks

jmclark

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm

If you deliver to the meeting tomorrow I will take them.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Post  jmclark Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 pm

I can't make it to the mtg I work

jmclark

Back to top Go down

Post  jmclark Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm

I still have these fish and I'm willing to drive to bloomington to deliver, I'm off this thursday so that day would work best for me. I really need the room.
$30
Text or call 309-738-6272
Thanks
Josh

jmclark

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexW. Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm

What are their requirements? Do you have pics? I
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Post  jmclark Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 pm

They don't have any special requirements just normal for any lake tanganyika fish. I would recommend sand substrate (which I have the black/white eco complete cichlid sand I'll sell for $10, it's from their tank) and they do need shells to spawn in which I will give 2 shells to whoever purchases them.

I don't know how to post pics here I can text them to you just shoot me a text and I'll send them to you.

Josh

jmclark

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 am

I purchase 200 plus fry and will have some issues with tank space, It would be difficult for me to find room for these right now. This is a great price for anyone that wants them.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Post  jmclark Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 am

SOLD!

thank you

jmclark

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexW. Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:27 am

I just wanted to thank you for some really great fish at an amazing price, and let everyone know that if you are looking for healthy quality fish from what I saw at Josh's house you can't go wrong buying fish from him. They are settling in very nicely. Here are some pic I took tonight of them.

FS: Great deal 2013-012

FS: Great deal 2013-013

AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexW. Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Josh,

You said you had the Alto Comps breed for you. What was their behavior like when they were breeding? I only ask because the female has been spending a lot of time in her shell, and the male came over tonight and hovered right at the entrance to the shell and shimmied a little. I am not sure if this was a dominance display or a release of sperm. I would love for them to breed, but more than that I want to make sure that no one is being bullied. I am a little worried because they just got into the tank, and from what I have read these fish can take quite a while to settle into a new tank.

Thanks,
Alex
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Post  jmclark Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi Alex

I'm glad to hear they have all settled in. They look great from your pics.
The signs you are talking about with the comps are signs of breeding. You will realize when they have spawned when you see some little fry swimming around at the front of the shell which at that point they will be couple weeks old or older. I don't ever go with what I read online about how long it takes fish to get "settled in" I had those rams for a week and got a spawn and I got some long fin cories after you came over and within a week I had a spawn from them too, while I was medicating their tank! Just be patient with them, feed them lots of frozen brine, lots of water changes, and keep an eye on the shell and you will have babies in no time.

Thanks
Josh

jmclark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down