Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gateway guppy associates guppy show info

4 posters

Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty gateway guppy associates guppy show info

Post  egbar guppies Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:37 pm

http://www.ifga.org/show_rules/2013/gga_2013.htm

thats the weekend we will close on our house and leave Illinois, but many of you with guppies may want to attend!

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty Re: gateway guppy associates guppy show info

Post  twocat Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 am

I am going to try to go down for the auction. Does anyone else have plans to attending?

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty Gateway Guppy Show

Post  pops48 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:08 pm

I am trying to make it but won't know for another couple days any details. I have a grandson"s birthday party on that Saturday??? (Fortunately it's in St. Louis.)

pops48

Back to top Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty maybe i'll go after all

Post  egbar guppies Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:59 pm

buyers for house are hemming and hawing, saying they want to back out. So if we put the house back on the market, I'll want to go to the auction too..
should know in a day or two if this thing is finally going to get going... or if we are back to square one.

egbar guppies

Back to top Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty Did anyone make it?

Post  jikin junkie Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Did anyone go to the guppy show this weekend? I totally forgot, I'm kicking myself. Mad
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty Gateway Guppy Show

Post  pops48 Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am

I was able to be there Friday night and Saturday until 1:30. It was a really rewarding visit and a great time. Got to spend a good amount of time Friday night visiting with a fellow from Williamsville (north of Springfield) who is quite knowledgeable about the whole process. He is in the process of rebuilding his fishroom and didn't have any entries himself this time. He was very involved with the process however and could certainly be a great speaker at our guppy meeting in July. I got to visit and share with guppy enthusiasts from Florida, New England, Detroit (Michigan Club), Wisconsin, and even met a lady from Canada.
There were all levels of guppies to see, most of which were of hard-to-believe quality-- very large bodies and tails, amazing colors. I believe they said that there were over three hundred entries and it filled the meeting room with fish.
There were an interesting number of guppy swordtails and the competition looked pretty tough in these classes. There are three classes, top sword, bottom sword, and two swords.
Albino strains were also well represented in almost every color competition. The albino red class had some really vibrant red colored entries that were enhanced by the albino base color as compared to the grey based group.
I was happy to see some young folks (school age) there showing also.
The Chicago guppy club is having a summer show in Lombard, IL.
Interestingly, Moscow strains, colored nose to tail, are not separated from less colored strains so the Moscow blacks were in a "Black" category with what I would have called a 3/4 black. It would be interesting to hear how they were judged. Moscow varieties tend to be a little smaller so there would be a trade off between size and color in points I'd guess. I've been breeding Moscow Black guppies for our July swap and have lots to share of good quality.
One of the most beautiful colors I saw there were Moscow greens that were a very vibrant dark green from nose to tip of tail. It's a fairly new strain.
If the May meeting is changed, I might get to attend and would be able to share about the trip.
Mark: did you get to the auction? What was your impression?

pops48

Back to top Go down

gateway guppy associates guppy show info Empty Re: gateway guppy associates guppy show info

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down