Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a couple new arrivals

3 posters

Go down

a couple new arrivals Empty a couple new arrivals

Post  adowns99 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:11 pm

here is a snakeskin platinum pair i got out of florida this past week. just awesome!

[img]a couple new arrivals IMG_6647[/img][img]a couple new arrivals IMG_6697[/img][img]a couple new arrivals IMG_6702[/img]
adowns99
adowns99

Back to top Go down

a couple new arrivals Empty Re: a couple new arrivals

Post  adowns99 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

they spawned today already to boot. im hoping for some pattern intensification in the next generation since these 2 are top notch examples of currently available breeding stock. the snakeskin reminds me of a hologram. the glitter shows up much more, this is what im hoping to grow.
adowns99
adowns99

Back to top Go down

a couple new arrivals Empty Wow

Post  Katnapper Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:51 am

They are gorgeous! And I do hope you get gorgeous little ones from them.

If you do (and/or from the other pair also), please let me know if you'd like to get rid of a few. Wink Mmm... on second thought, never mind, I really don't need any more fish right now. But just in case, I'd still like to know. Okay... forget that, I don't need to know! But by then maybe..... cyclops tongue
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  adowns99 Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 am

the babies from this pair and the other pair will both be stunning. this pair here is a shinning example of the new snakeskin trait, which can be seen towards the crown especially on the female. and also the glitter trait which is a little more obvious. these 2 are the best i have, and the best i could currently get showing the patterns. i plan to cross them to strengthen the patterns, then i will use those fry to start spreading those traits to other lines besides just the platinums. in the future i will bring some of these to the club meetings. awesome little fish.

an update: they raised their first spawn until they got to the freeswimming stage, then freaked out and ate them lol. it happens. we will try it again here in a week or so tho.
adowns99
adowns99

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 am

I have some smokies that are snake skin at quartersize. I will give you some of those fry when they have fry.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Post  adowns99 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:49 pm

here they go again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mGOERJOac&feature=youtu.be
adowns99
adowns99

Back to top Go down

Post  adowns99 Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:45 pm

well ive got a small group of fry from this pair that's 11 days freeswimming. they are growinglike weeds. I will try to get some pictures of them up later today with any luck.
adowns99
adowns99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down