Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albino Kribs

2 posters

Go down

Albino Kribs Empty Albino Kribs

Post  AlexW. Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 pm

I had something happen the other day. I was upset about it, but I also found it interesting. My heater was set to maintain the tank temperature at 82F which is a bit high for Kribs, but I was growing out some Rams in the tank and was catering to them. When the outside temperature went up the house temperature went up to 76F. The heater I found out was not maintaining temperature at 82F, but at 12F above ambient, so when the house temp went up to 76F the tank temp went up to 88F. My Albino Kribs both died. The interesting thing to me is that I also have some standard Kribs in that same tank and they are still ok. One of the female standards was even in full breeding dress with the bright purple belly and all.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Albino Kribs Empty albino cribs

Post  jikin junkie Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 pm

That is interesting, I'll have to run downstairs and check my heater now you've got me worried. Shocked Albino variations of any species of fish are generally weaker than the original strain and in the wild are usually the first to be eaten. I was going to bump my heater up to get them to spawn but on second thought, I'll just leave them alone. pale They have been guarding a nesting spot.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Albino Kribs Empty Re: Albino Kribs

Post  AlexW. Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm

If you get them to breed would take some off of you to replace the ones I lost.
AlexW.
AlexW.

Back to top Go down

Albino Kribs Empty Re: Albino Kribs

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down