Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures of tanks and fish

4 posters

Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Pictures of tanks and fish

Post  jikin junkie Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 am

Trying out a new camera, having trouble with the settings. Here are some of my fish and tanks. Pictures of tanks and fish 01511
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty More pics!

Post  jikin junkie Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:13 am

I always forget how to post pics.  Rolling Eyes Pictures of tanks and fish 04610 Pictures of tanks and fish 04810Pictures of tanks and fish 01810
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Re: Pictures of tanks and fish

Post  Katnapper Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Oooooh... blue pearlscale angels.  Very Happy  Pics look good! What kind of camera did you get?
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Nikon cool pics?

Post  jikin junkie Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Cheapo Nikon. They turned out okay, keep in mind those are like the good shots out of 40 pictures that did not come out blurry. Also, they always have that yellow look to them. I'll have to fidget with the settings.
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Beautiful Shots

Post  pops48 Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Your pictures are really good; the detail is great. The beauty of digital photos includes taking lots of pictures to get some truly good ones. Professional photographers take many pictures to get a good one. The more you work with the camera the more good ones per bunch you get.
We live at a time when 7 billion people on the planet insure that someone is taking enough "good ones" that what we see in the media (TV; internet) can make it seem that it should be easy to take great shots (or do anything!) when the truth is that everybody has to deal with the realities of true success. Please continue to share your shots on this forum. It sure makes my day.
When I compare these pictures with some of the ones on aquabid, these are great!

pops48

Back to top Go down

Post  Katnapper Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 pm

You may need to adjust the white balance setting on your camera if all of the pics have a yellow tint. In certain situations or settings (like your basement) the ambient lighting can affect the tint, temperature, or tone.

Alternatively, if you have a photo editing program on your computer you can adjust color parameters afterwards in there relatively easily with good results.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Saltwater pics

Post  jikin junkie Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:45 pm

cleaned the salt tank. The fish are happy.Pictures of tanks and fish 00610
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty close ups

Post  jikin junkie Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Anthias in front of giant zoanthids Pictures of tanks and fish 01811
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Katnapper Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm also enjoying the pics and it's prompted me to drag out my camera and take some of my own the past couple of days.  I purchased a new DSLR a couple of years ago and still haven't become comfortable with even the basics on this one.  It's different than my older DSLR and I just haven't had the motivation to even mess with it.  I think not having fresh subject matter (mantises, new flowers, kitties) to photograph all of the time put a damper on my motivation incentive.  I need to get that darn manual out and start using it.  So thanks for the reminder/incentive.   Very Happy 

I did notice one thing in your pics that I also discovered in my own when taking shots through the glass...  water spots on the outside of the glass.  After looking at mine I made a mental note to myself to clean the glass before I took any more pics.  Wink  Laughing
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Water spots

Post  jikin junkie Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Yep, I cleaned the front of the tank but not the back and they showed up big time. Also, any algae you missed really shows up in pics! affraid 
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  ilroost Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Nice!!!

ilroost

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Angels spawned.

Post  jikin junkie Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Having trouble uploading pics lately. These guys decided to spawn in the community tank.
Pictures of tanks and fish 01812
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty 55 gallon

Post  jikin junkie Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:20 pm

The pair that spawned are guarding half the tank..lol. Pictures of tanks and fish 02111
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Katnapper Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:41 am

Still enjoying the pics. Very Happy Those blue pearlscale angels are just beautiful. I'm secretly hoping you eventually have success spawning and rearing babies from them. Oh, I guess it's not a secret anymore...  tongue 
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty goldfish tank

Post  jikin junkie Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:07 pm

The pics came out okay but they are grainy when enlarged. No sharp detail. Pictures of tanks and fish 00410
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Pictures of tanks and fish Empty Very nice!

Post  Katnapper Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 am

Detail isn't everything.  My "non=macro" pics of more inclusive aquarium scenes are nowhere near as good as this. It helps that you have a great tank to photograph;  but this has very nice composition, balance, and color, as well as subject matter,  The plants are beautiful and the shot is pleasingly aesthetic with no glaring filter uptakes, heaters, etc. photobombing the scene.  It's just a good looking pic and I like it.  I think you did a great job capturing this tank.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down