Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube

2 posters

Go down

Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube Empty Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube

Post  Katnapper Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Does anyone, by chance, happen to have an extra undergravel filter uptake tube cap (white, 1 inch, Perfecto) laying around that they don't need? I've called around and the local shops don't have any. I can buy one online; but even as they are only about 60 cents, the shipping is $6.99 most places. I can pay a couple of bucks for one, and pick up at the next meeting if anyone has one.

My power filter (cone thingy) died, and now I have an uptake tube sticking up, open at the top. I'd like to take the tube out and cap the hole so no rocks, fish, or snails get down there.

Or if no one has any extra, maybe you can keep an eye out for me when you come across used aquariums or parts. It's nothing urgent... a cut-out portion of a clear sandwich baggie held on by a rubber band is making due for now. But it's not the most aesthetic thing in my aquarium, lol.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube Empty Re: Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube

Post  steve a Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Maybe your local hardware store and a pvc cap .

steve a

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube Empty Re: Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube

Post  Katnapper Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 am

Hmmm.... might check that. Or I might just bite the bullet and order one online if after some time I don't find anything.
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Replacement Cap for Undergravel Filter Uptake Tube Empty Thanks, Pops!

Post  Katnapper Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Pops.... A big thank you for thinking of me and getting me that cap. Perfect!  cheers 
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down