Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new spawn.

3 posters

Go down

new spawn. Empty new spawn.

Post  twocat Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:01 pm

After a long dry spell with some old angel pairs I finally got a spawn with about 70 or so fry. I have a LF black female with a SF platinum female. I pulled the parents tonight and put them in another tank, I hope I get another spawn from them soon. I have a second pair that spawning but the pair is about 5 yrs old and does not have a lot of juice left in them.

I think I may try to get a few angels in order to get a few more pairs.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

new spawn. Empty Fry

Post  jikin junkie Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Let me know when it comes time to thin them out. I'd like to raise some more from pea size. Smile
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

new spawn. Empty Re: new spawn.

Post  twocat Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:04 am

I will give them a little more time but I am sure they will be ready within another month. How many do you want?

The pair laid a second batch but they ate them. I am keeping my fingers cross for a few more spawns. I now have a second pair that have spawned. This pair is also very old so I do not think the spawn will be very productive. I would like to get a 100 or so and grow them out.

I may look around for a koi pair at a auction.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

new spawn. Empty somewhat related question

Post  Siebiscuit Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:07 am

Sorry for such an amateur question but I know I'm missing a few spawns in my tanks (not angelfish) and am curious how you are all so alert to the exact timing. I try to keep eyes on my tanks but with the hours I work, it's very hard to give them more than 30-45 minutes of my time a day. I know some could be unsuccessful spawns, and I'm not setting up exclusive breeding tanks which hurts my chances of success more than anything but in the past when I had tanks, I'd luck into fry every now and then just by accident. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Siebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:07 pm

What kind of fish do you have that are spawning.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down