Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion Opportunities

2 posters

Go down

Promotion Opportunities Empty Promotion Opportunities

Post  DavidZ Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Hey everyone,

I got a couple of interesting emails this last week and thought I would discuss them with the group.

1) Charlie Snyder who is involved in the World Pet Organization which is putting on the Aquatic Experience show in Chicago Nov 7-9th emailed me an offered our club a free booth space at the show ($1,000 value). It would be a great way to get a little exposure, but would require some of us to man it. I can do Friday and part of Saturday, but we would need people for the remainder.

He also offered us free entrance to the show, all the seminar programs and the dinner Saturday night ($159 value) for 4 hours of volunteer time. This is a great way to get in free, and help them out a little.

2) Laura Tafoya from the Peoria Area Convention and Visitors Bureau emailed and wanted to know if our club would be interested in her helping us landing a national/regional trade/swap show here. She said they can do these with little or no cost to us, and obviously a great way to get our name out. If we wanted to do it in Bloomington she would hook us up with the person in Bloomington.

Things to think about I guess, we can discuss more at the next meeting.

DavidZ
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Promotion Opportunities Empty Re: Promotion Opportunities

Post  DavidZ Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Hey CITAC, we have a booth at the Aquatic Experience-Chicago 2014 show and need volunteers to man it.

I was going to discuss this at the meeting, but he needed an answer now.

We need 6 volunteers to staff the booth, which is different than the other volunteer opportunity I mentioned earlier.

Here is what we get:

BOOTH PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• 8' high back drape and 3' high side rails
• 1-6' draped table
• 2-Chairs
• 1-Wastebasket
• 1-Identification sign
• 1-120v/500 Watt/5 amp outlet
• 6 Show Floor Passes
• Aquatic Experience Website Listing
• Printed Show Guide Listing*

We cannot sell anything without a club logo at the booth. We also need people to help do something creative for our booth ( I am looking directly at you Katnapper). I have a few banners like the one I put up at the library, so we can use those if we need to.

There are also show volunteer opportunities that get you in free, dinner, all the seminars, etc. that I mentioned in the forum.

If you are interested in either or both volunteer opportunities I need to know by Sunday. I have to let the guy know Monday.

I’m going up probably Saturday and Sunday, maybe Friday and Saturday.

Hope everyone wants to help out a bit.

Thanks.
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Promotion Opportunities Empty Uh oh.... why do I feel like I'm being watched?

Post  Katnapper Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Confirming that this is the Aquatic Experience-Chicago 2014 show in Schaumberg, November 7th, 8th, and 9th?

I'm in, and will help with a logo or whatever we need to decorate the booth.  I'm not sure exactly what all that will entail, but maybe we can brainstorm/discuss it at the next meeting?  For the logo, do you mean like a large CITAC poster of some sort?  I can do that if needed, or whatever.... just give me an idea of what kind of thing/s we need.

I'm willing to go up one day and help woman a booth.  Either Saturday or Sunday would likely be better for me in case I'm working.  So we are going to discuss what all we need to do at the next meeting, right?
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Promotion Opportunities Empty Sell what?

Post  Katnapper Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:08 pm

I saw on the information page that we are only allowed to sell "organization-related merchandise."  So if we did, what would we sell?

"Associations, clubs, hobby groups and non-profits are allowed to sell organization-related merchandise only. Items for sale must have organization name and/or logo. If you are planning to sell goods or live animals for profit or personal gain, please use the commercial or live animal booth contract."
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidZ Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, ths s the show in Schaumburg.

Thanks for helpng STAFF the booth. :-) I need a couple more people to help cover the show or I'll have to cancel it Monday. I'll be up there probably two days, but there are some seminars I want to go to so we stll need a lot of help.

I doubt that we wll sell anything, I only brought it up in case anyone thought we could sell fish or anythng.

I hope everyone will want to go up to this show, it wasnt so great last year to be quite honest, but Charlie says its been a bt retooled to be more consumer focused.

The club is at a bit of a crossraods for me honestly, we're too small to do anything 'cool', but there is enough actvity in Central Illnois to let what Mark and all of us have built go by the wayside. Opportunities like this dont come around often and is a great way to get some interest going, but we have to have people interested in taking advantages of them. I have hockey games that weekend, but I'm going to miss them to go do this. Hopefully we'll get a few more volunteers.

Thanks everyone! Please let me know by tomorrow as I have to let Charlie know Monday.
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down