Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Juvenile Discus ANY varieties

2 posters

Go down

WANTED:  Juvenile Discus ANY varieties Empty WANTED: Juvenile Discus ANY varieties

Post  robbieh15 Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello. I am a high school special education Biology teacher in Central Illinois. I have always had a love for fish and have bred Bettas and Angels. I thought it would be neat to have some discus in my classroom. I would like for the students to eventually see how the breeding process works and let them experience the process. I was looking for anyone willing to donate some fish for us. I will gladly pay reasonable shipping or make arrangements to pick them up.

Thank you,

Rob

robbieh15

Back to top Go down

WANTED:  Juvenile Discus ANY varieties Empty Re: WANTED: Juvenile Discus ANY varieties

Post  twocat Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Discus are costly and they are a lot of work. Lots of water changes. Are you sure you are up to their care?

What school do you work at?

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

WANTED:  Juvenile Discus ANY varieties Empty Re: WANTED: Juvenile Discus ANY varieties

Post  robbieh15 Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Mark,
Yes, I have been doing a ton of research on the care of discus. I have been a fish hobbiest for about 20 years and love working with all kinds of fish. I teach at Lanphier HS in Springfield.
Thanks for the reply,
Rob

robbieh15

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:26 am

SimplyDiscus forum is a good source of info about their care.

Here is a guy that sells some small discus--This is a brand new batch of Red Alenquer Discus we are offering for sale These fish are roughly quarter size. These fish were hatched and raised in our local tap water (pH 7.4-7.6 and hardness of about 170 tds). We do not use R/O water or any buffers in our water. They are currently eating crushed flake, .5mm Spectrum pellets, live brine shrimp and frozen beef heart mix. These fish are $15 each and I can be reached via call/text at (847)302-8006.

The discus I have came from Kenny's discus in California, He is one of the sponsors on the simply Discus forum.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Post  robbieh15 Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:49 am

Mark,

Thanks again for getting back to me. Are these fish local and if so would they be available for pick up. I figure I could buy 4 or so for the cost of shipping.

Thanks,
Rob

robbieh15

Back to top Go down

Post  twocat Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:00 pm

They are in the Chicago area. Shipping is about 15.

Mark

twocat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down