Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop

3 posters

Go down

Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop Empty Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop

Post  DavidZ Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:21 am

Good show again this year.

Saw a couple of demos by Oliver Knott on planting aquariums, and the usual new stuff on display by various vendors. Susie and Lauralai came up Saturday afternoon so I didn't stay for the whole thing, but I got to see what I went to see.

Found the absolute best aquarium shop I've ever seen while I was there. Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates is absolutely fantastic.

Not only is it visually stunning, but they have a ton of tanks - and get THIS - they have fish in them! Live, healthy fish! And not just neons and black tetras - multiple type of Rainbowfish - big healthy Angelfish - 7-8 different types of Cory cats - the selection was unbelievable. I've seen my share of aquarium shops all over the US, but this place takes the cake. They had to have 30 different type of plants alone. All of them were huge, healthy and cheap! most of them were $3-7 bucks but probably 8-12".

Just incredible. When I win the lottery........ They have a couple of other shops in Chicagoland, but I understand this one is the largest. I have a very bad video that I'll post later but it will give you some idea.

Guy I talked to there couldn't have been nicer, and said if we want to organize a field trip that he'll make sure to have in stock anything special we're looking for. It's about 2 hours from here.

DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

https://citac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop Empty Aquarium adventure petland

Post  jikin junkie Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:02 pm

I've been to the Aquarium adventure pet land store in Bollingbrook. It's very nice, indoor koi pond, large arowana tank, rainbow show tank, and piranha show tank. They have a largest selection of fish and plants that I've seen anywhere. I stop by every time I'm up in Chicagoland, it's just off 55 and there is a Portillo's down the road so that makes Brad happy and it's closer than the store in Schaumburg. Wink
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop Empty Re: Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop

Post  DavidZ Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:02 am

I've been to that one as well when we go to IKEA. The one in Hoffman Estates is much nicer and half again larger.

DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop Empty Re: Aquatic Experience Chicago/Aquarium Adventure Shop

Post  Katnapper Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:44 am

Those both sound pretty cool - especially the larger one, of course! Would be a bit of a journey for a field trip... but I'd consider it.

If one were looking for non-run-of-the-mill species, either specific or "whatever they might have," do you think it might be just as, or more, advantageous to look there as opposed to an auction or other similar event? I was thinking it might be better as not so crowded or rushed. And what about chances of getting healthier or less stressed fish? I'd think the fish at a shop might be less stressed than an auction/swap setting where they're jostled and traveled about. But then many of the fish at auctions/swaps might be home-raised and thus healthier in that aspect? Thoughts?

I'm interested in seeing your video... even if it is bad, lol. Laughing

Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidZ Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:41 am

I'll try and get the video posted. I might try doing the special order thing at Petco and see how it works. They have a ton of things on their list.

I'm up for a trip up there - we can do more than just go to the fish store is the good thing.

DZ
DavidZ
DavidZ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down