Central Illinois Tropical Aquarium Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More shows and fish related stuff..

3 posters

Go down

More shows and fish related stuff.. Empty More shows and fish related stuff..

Post  jikin junkie Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:02 pm

I believe tri-county will have their annual aquarium show again this year at the Northwoods mall in Peoria. If I'm not mistaken it's around Labor day weekend. Truly unusual for shows, you get to set up tanks. And usually a section for fish photography. I have a lot of commitments that weekend but I'll probably be setting up a few tanks there.
Also Try county is holding it's auction on Oct. 18th.
The Chicago guppy club is holding it's annual big show on Oct.24-26th. I will try to attend that one as well.
A big year for fish shows, swaps, conventions and so on.  Very Happy 
jikin junkie
jikin junkie

Back to top Go down

More shows and fish related stuff.. Empty Fish photography?

Post  Katnapper Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Hmmm.... I might be interested in that. Maybe you could post more info or a link when/if you come across it? So you will be going to it (the show in Peoria)?
Katnapper
Katnapper

Back to top Go down

More shows and fish related stuff.. Empty Chicago Guppy Competition

Post  pops48 Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 pm

The Chicago Guppy Club Show is the IFGA National Show this year also. There should be an outstanding number of high quality guppies there. To see information just go to the IFGA website. If you see guppies for sale on the IFGA website you could contact the sellers directly and have them delivered to that show.
Also while I was at the Gateway Guppy Show there were several people talking up the other show that DZ responded to. The show organizers are supposedly trying to pump it up to be more attractive to all aquarists. There is some bit of information about it on the IFGA website also. I think it would be worth keeping an eye on their website to see if there are things you might be really interested in seeing or finding out about. If you don't see anything then pass it by.
The Chicago Livebearer Club meets after the GCCA swap at 2:00 at the same location and date.
Last thing, if you belong to IFGA there is no cost to belong to the Gateway Guppy Club. It's taken me being around the other members during the whole show but they are really willing to talk about strains, genetics, water, feeding, etc. That includes people from all over the country and beyond. Stan Shubel and the Mousseau's (nationally recognized guppy breeders and judges) were there and very easily approachable. I'm sure they would be at the Chicago show.

pops48

Back to top Go down

More shows and fish related stuff.. Empty Re: More shows and fish related stuff..

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down